I suppose that is the title that says it all.
It is however more than that. It is dangerous. And irresponsible.
I was thinking of some analogies with just how bad this is. Consider.
- Sending people into the Ebola zone of last year. And then dispersing them worldwide.
- When AIDS first appears and send people from every continent to the source and then sending them home. To have unprotected sex.
- And finally…send people from every part of the world to an area where there is zero containment, no addressing of current vectors of infection, and then the misleading and resistance to provide just how bad the situation is.
It is number three which is going to occur at this point. This will lead to world-wide birth defects, health issues, and death.
Instead of seeking to contain and eliminate an issue we will actively seek to assist a pathogen?
Can this really be true?
Soon this region will accept into their fold the elite athletes and their families and coaches. It is a time where all the years of hard work and sacrifice will be rewarded through possible new records, achievements and accomplishments.
It is a time which much preparation has gone into. Unfortunately this preparation has been almost entirely one-sided. The single-minded drive and passion of the athletes should be reflected by the venue which this year is happening in Rio.
So a few numbers to consider. The number of actual participants. The number of volunteers. The number of coaches. The number of sponsors. The number of dollars. The number of mosquitoes.
Currently the World Health Organization has completely minimized the issues around the Zika virus and the mosquitoes which are responsible for it.
Just a cursory glance at the facts and the information coming out of the area make relatively simple conclusions which correlate with that information.
- Over a year ago it was determined that the water in venues which the athletes were to be competing was not safe. That individuals were getting ill and showing symptoms from any exposure to the water.
- That any testing that was to be done was slowed to the point that it was and is only effective is showing that there is an issue. But what exactly is that issue?
- These issues did not just “happen” since the Olympics were awarded to Rio. Brazil has had approximately 10 years to work on the underlying issues.
- Money has no place in this. But it is driving the minimizing of the whole issue.
- As any activist in any part of the world is aware we are not “helping” our planet. Here is an example of just how far it is going to go. Are you really going to participate in an event which directly places all participants in direct line of fire of a situation which has been “handled”?
- 121 Generations. The Aedes mosquitoes have approximately a 3 week life cycle. They obviously live and require water. This water they have been flourishing on is the untreated human waste of Rio. This includes antibiotics, viruses, plague, and bacteria. With each of those generations growing and mutating the are automatically inoculated against the very weapons humankind has at our disposal because we have inoculated them. We have altered their very genetic makeup to make them more resistant to that which we battle them with.
So welcome world to Rio. The head, latrine, lavatory, loo, potty, privy, water closet, outhouse…of the world. Athletes state that it is worth the risk to win a metal. I say, is it worth your life? Is it worth your families life? Is it worth your childrens?
I petition that new sites be found immediately. This begins with you. Television will minimize the affect of moving things and it can still be called the Rio Olympics. Only instead of being an area it will be what it truly is. A World-Wide Event!