Currently we are spending Billions on a war which appears to have no end.
When would we consider to spend that same amount on Peace?
When those in the nations have yearly incomes of less than a thousand (1000) dollars a year imagine the difference even a million dollars would/will have.
It begins with education. An area which even in our country we are falling down on.
Infrastructure. Schools. Hospitals. Roads.
An actual future built for those countries and eventually for this world.
Soon this region will accept into their fold the elite athletes and their families and coaches. It is a time where all the years of hard work and sacrifice will be rewarded through possible new records, achievements and accomplishments.
It is a time which much preparation has gone into. Unfortunately this preparation has been almost entirely one-sided. The single-minded drive and passion of the athletes should be reflected by the venue which this year is happening in Rio.
So a few numbers to consider. The number of actual participants. The number of volunteers. The number of coaches. The number of sponsors. The number of dollars. The number of mosquitoes.
Currently the World Health Organization has completely minimized the issues around the Zika virus and the mosquitoes which are responsible for it.
Just a cursory glance at the facts and the information coming out of the area make relatively simple conclusions which correlate with that information.
- Over a year ago it was determined that the water in venues which the athletes were to be competing was not safe. That individuals were getting ill and showing symptoms from any exposure to the water.
- That any testing that was to be done was slowed to the point that it was and is only effective is showing that there is an issue. But what exactly is that issue?
- These issues did not just “happen” since the Olympics were awarded to Rio. Brazil has had approximately 10 years to work on the underlying issues.
- Money has no place in this. But it is driving the minimizing of the whole issue.
- As any activist in any part of the world is aware we are not “helping” our planet. Here is an example of just how far it is going to go. Are you really going to participate in an event which directly places all participants in direct line of fire of a situation which has been “handled”?
- 121 Generations. The Aedes mosquitoes have approximately a 3 week life cycle. They obviously live and require water. This water they have been flourishing on is the untreated human waste of Rio. This includes antibiotics, viruses, plague, and bacteria. With each of those generations growing and mutating the are automatically inoculated against the very weapons humankind has at our disposal because we have inoculated them. We have altered their very genetic makeup to make them more resistant to that which we battle them with.
So welcome world to Rio. The head, latrine, lavatory, loo, potty, privy, water closet, outhouse…of the world. Athletes state that it is worth the risk to win a metal. I say, is it worth your life? Is it worth your families life? Is it worth your childrens?
I petition that new sites be found immediately. This begins with you. Television will minimize the affect of moving things and it can still be called the Rio Olympics. Only instead of being an area it will be what it truly is. A World-Wide Event!