While it would be premature to judge a president who is less than 60 days in office there are some distinct watermarks to observe at this point.
- The removal of guidance for a minority group and stating a move toward state rights. Utilizing power to not protect the weak but expose them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-poised-to-change-transgender-student-bathroom-guidelines/2017/02/21/cd690204-f7bf-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.65014ea3cb95
- The offering of guidance on states choices for enforcement of certain drugs with the probably of returning billions of profits to Cartels and drugrunners. Utilizing power to return money to the strong and further hurt the weak. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-expects-justice-crackdown-legalized-marijuana-45697809
- The barring of certain press agencies by the White House. Utilizing power to censure and control free speech. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-from-press-briefing-hours-after-trump-slams-media/?utm_term=.872379f93ad0
- And for the first question for the White House…this goes to an ALT right publication whose vetting of information leave much to be desired. Using power to spread misinformation and often times lies. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/61c231e80a8340688078f8a2497e9ed1
- The continuation of crimes against minority groups that are both explicitly and implicitly tied to the White House. The lack of condemnation by the President using his Social Media platform is both distressing and alarming. Using power to support discrimination and hate.
- Making statements which alarm our allies and threaten our “non-friends” which essentially makes things less safe globally for both our citizens and our allies. Using power to hurt America specifically.
- Creating an informal – or formal depending – Billionaires club in positions which runs completely contrary to the “drain the swamp” mantra which many believed. Not one appointee at this point has anything in common with the populace which elected the President.
- Twitter. Need anything more be said here?
- Throw in here what you wish. Immigration ban, feud with Mexico, promotion of daughters clothes, promotion of resorts and branding, ethics –what -, protecting the planet, protecting people, protecting society, women’s rights etc…
- Russia. #Russia
America is great. It allows for many amazing things to occur and they do essentially by the minute in this great country.
America is great for there are checks and balances in place which help all.
I want to be hopeful for the coming years under this President and see him settle into the position and come to comprehend what it truly means, find his balance, and truly lead.